EIZO FlexScan EV2785-BK
- Screen Size: 27 inches.
- Resolution: 3.840 x 2.160 Pixel.
- Reaction Time: 14 ms.
- Annual Power Consumption : 43 kWh/1000.
- Dimensions: 36.7 x 23 x 61.1 cm.
- Item Weight: 4.9 kg.
- Review (21/04/2022) : 4.0/5 ITPro. Online
- Whether it’s in sophisticated black or pristine, eye-grabbing white: The ultra-thin design with its bezel of only 1 mm and its completely flat and smooth front side is truly impressive. A thin black glass frame with a width of just 6.4 mm is all that separates the display and bezel from one another on both sides and the top. The side profile and the back of the monitor also have a slimline, delicate appearance. The monitor is really something to behold, giving you plenty of space for your imagination.
Maximum image quality thanks to the IPS panel.
- The monitor is capable of all three key elements of excellent image quality: excellent resolution of 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) pixels, maximum contrast of 1300:1, and stable brightness of up to 350 cd/m2. That means you will experience razor-sharp text contours, brilliant graphics, and clear images. Thanks to the high-quality IPS panels with LED backlight, contrasts and colours remain stable from every viewing angle.
Controls Integrated Into Bezel.
- Electrostatic switches are integrated into the front of the EV2785-BK in place of mechanical buttons. This ensures ease of use while also giving the monitor an extremely elegant look. The speakers are also built into the bezel, pointing forward in the direction of the user.
- The brightness sensor, speakers, and all the controls are integrated into the bezel and flush with the screen. They are fully integrated into the monitor’s flat, nearly frameless design to offer an excellent user experience.
4K Resolution for Ultra-Sharp Texts and Images.
- Be it CAD, office, or video applications, the FlexScan EV2785-BK with its 4K ultra HD resolution supports your work with its extraordinary display quality. Thanks to a native resolution of 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) pixels and 163 ppi (pixels per inch), the innovative 27 monitor presents texts and graphics clearer and more precisely than ever before.
USB-C: A Universal Cable.
- The EV2785-BK functions as an all-around dock for tablets, notebooks, and smartphones – all with a single cable. The EV2785-BK features a USB interface that can be used for regular data transfers as well as to transmit DisplayPort video signals and audio signals. The user can use a keyboard and mouse by connecting them to the monitor. The EV2785-BK also acts as a power supply and can be used to charge connected devices such as a MacBook, providing 60 W of power without the need for an external power supply.
Precise colour control.
- An image can only be perfect if the colours are, too. This is why EIZO office monitors have a 10-bit look-up table at a minimum, which allows the colour information to be assigned much more precisely than with conventional 8-bit LUTs. The finest colour gradations ensure that gradients are always perfectly displayed, while also offering customised adjustment options. For example, you can adjust the white balance from 4000 K to 10000 K in 500-K intervals.
Overdrive to quickly change images.
- Fast, faster, overdrive. The overdrive function accelerates switching time so that the grey-grey change takes only 5 ms on average. You can watch films and rapidly changing images without annoying afterglow.
New Auto EcoView Functionality.
- The FlexScan EV2785-BK features a fifth-generation Auto EcoView functionality. Auto EcoView adjusts the monitor brightness based on the ambient light to help achieve an ergonomic contrast ratio between the monitor and workplace environment. It has been upgraded to improve usability, with the Auto EcoView settings now adjusted with the user hardly noticing when the brightness control switch is pressed on the monitor. Auto EcoView runs fully automatically in the background and makes do without any cumbersome menus. All the user needs to do is choose whether or not to activate Auto EcoView.
- The monitor sensor on the EV2785-BK automatically determines if the user has adjusted the image brightness when the lighting is dark or light. The monitor then saves these values without the need for the user to do anything. It adjusts the image brightness to other ambient conditions as well. Users are free to choose when and under what external conditions to adjust the brightness to levels that work best for them.
- Advantages: The brightness settings for the EV2785-BK are automatically adapted to the lighting conditions to ensure the levels are optimal and glare-free. The user no longer has to use the brightness control to adjust the Auto EcoView settings to ambient conditions and changes in brightness over the course of the day. The feature is intuitive and runs in the background without the user noticing.
Save up to 30% of energy with the EcoView Optimizer.
- Save electricity without compromising quality: The EcoView Optimizer reduces the background lighting fully automatically for dark images. This reduces electricity consumption by up to 30%. At the same time, the signal is amplified and the colour tone values adjusted. The result: You will enjoy the image quality you are used to but consume less power.
Zero-watt consumption thanks to the power switch.
- The monitors have an integrated mechanical power switch, which is extremely practical and energy-saving: If you switch off the monitor using the power switch, the device will stop consuming any power at all. Moreover, it consumes a maximum of 0.5 watt in standby mode.
Preset colour modes: optimised display at the touch of a button.
- Pre-set colour modes optimise the viewing of images, texts or films. Because it makes a difference whether you are watching a film, editing a picture, surfing the net, or writing texts. At the touch of a button, you set the respective pre-set for brightness, gamma correction and colour temperature. For example, the Paper mode simulates the pleasant contrast of printed paper, which is easy on the eyes when reading and prevents fatigue.
Flicker free: for the sake of the eyes.
- To help protect your eyes, EIZO has developed a hybrid technology to control the backlight. This combines the benefits of the otherwise standard PWM (pulse width modulation) and DC (direct current) control. The PWM control uses much higher frequencies than standard PWM methods. The result: a flicker-free viewing experience while maintaining picture quality and colour stability. In addition, compared to pure DC control, you can adjust the brightness to less than 1% of the maximum value in darkly lit rooms. The benefit: Your screen remains free from glare even under these conditions.
- The flicker-free and low blue light content of the EIZO FlexScan monitors is certified by TÜV Rheinland.
Anti-glare coating: more image, less reflection.
- The EV2785-BK offers a perfect, non-glare surface. By minimising glare by diffusing the reflected light, the EV2785-BK effectively protects your eyes from straining. This keeps your eyes from getting as tired and allows you to sit comfortably in front of the monitor, without having to sit in a forced position to prevent glare.
Picture by Picture.
- Picture-by-Picture mode enables different signal sources to be viewed independently on a single screen. You can select from five different views at the press of a button. You can quite conveniently display multiple applications in different layouts and sizes and use the Picture-by-Picture mode in Windows and Mac operating systems simultaneously where necessary.
Operation made easy thanks to the Button Guide.
- The Button Guide provides all functions at a glance. Touching the button is enough and the screen will show all functions and the corresponding control panel.
- In addition to the on-screen menu, you can conveniently control the EV2785-BK by using the Screen InStyle software on a Windows PC. The configuration options include colour reproduction, energy saving options, and ergonomic functions. In multi-screen systems, the settings can be applied synchronously to all connected screens with Screen InStyle.
- System administrators can centrally manage and control monitors connected in the network with Screen InStyle installed using the Screen InStyle Server application. This optimises power consumption and simplifies asset management of the monitors.
Monitor Configurator for cross-network settings.
- Reduced workload for network administrators: The software allows you to configure multiple monitors uniformly in a single step – via a USB connection. This saves you time and ensures you have the same settings on all screens. The configuration can be saved as an XML file and transferred to clients.
- Ergonomic and stable: the adjustable stand focuses on ergonomics. You can rotate, swivel and tilt the monitor stand until you find the most comfortable setting for your back, neck and sitting posture. It features continuous height adjustment and can be lowered almost to the base plate of the stand, enabling you to position the top image line ergonomically right below your eye level.